Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Just the last bits...

I'm almost ready to go on my trip. Just have a few things to do.

1. Get a US SIM card so I don't have to incur IDD charges when making US phone calls. I know what shop to buy from but they are so far from my hotel. Perhaps I should try my luck in the airport and see if I can score something.

2. My accommodation in New York City is not done yet. This should be done after I make a phone call. Heck, the USD is climbing higher and higher recently. All my savings from the lower rates earlier when I booked my flights and other hotel rooms are not even enough to match the increase in the rates.

3. I need to find out where else to shop in NYC. Can't be doing Century 21 all the time. I want to find something new. Perhaps also go to the Guggenheim and take a picture of its exterior. Does anyone know if the renovations are complete?

4. I've got only a day in DC. I'm meeting an old friend there. And I need to know what plans my NJ friends have, so I know to book my Amtrak tickets for the correct train timing.

Time seems to fly at the wrong time and crawl at the incorrect time.

1 comment:

Booted Harleydude said...

Have a wonderful and productive trip. I know you are the consummate planner, so I am certain you will do well. I truly regret that I will not be able to see you when you are in DC, as I will not be there when you are. Nonetheless, you will enjoy the city, vacant of locals on holiday and filled with tourists on holiday :-)

Good luck with Amtrak: the most undependable rail system in the world.

Can't give you shopping tips in NYC. I don't go there. I'm not a city boy; never have been.

Oh, and you WILL be able to find a US sim card at a wireless store at any major US airport. I have seen them there. Be prepared to pay top-dollar at a store at the airport. But in the long-run, it will save you money when making calls within our country.

Travel safe, be well, relax, and enjoy! (And have no worries about the flu -- it's not flu season over here -- yet.)