Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Out of touch

I must be staying home too much. I cannot believe the oddities of society these days. Here are some instances:

1. She does not know the hole is down there. A woman tried to deposit a cheque in a quick cheque deposit box outside a bank and she kept trying to insert the cheque into where she adaamantly thinks is the slit. Despite the clear arrow and a few good looks at the opening, she kept poking the check into the wall. She has no freaking idea that the hole she needs is just 3 inches below. Until a guy puts in his cheque in the hole correctly that she finally figured. The hole is down there, woman!

2. He goes in and out of the lot. A man had to reverse into, drive out of, reverse into, drive out of and finally reverse into a car park lot. By my guesstimate, he probably didn't move the car position an inch. Perhaps he hoped that by going in and out, in and out, the inch will come somehow. I think he is mistaken. How could anyone believe that anything could get any real pleasure from such silly moves?

3. They took more pictures of the live fish awaiting slaughter in a supermarket than any one would in an aquarium. The recent phenomena of supermarkets selling live fish and seafood has turned many of these shopping places into mini attractions. Off-work foreign workers congregate in front of tanks of garoupa, snappers, tilapia, crabs, lobsters, prawn and other shell fish, snapping pictues using their handphones. I never remembered seeing so many pictures taken of fish and seafood; the now-defunct Van Kleef Aquarium certainly didn't see that much action from its visitors, even during its hey day in the 1980s.

I'm getting puzzled.

1 comment:

The probligo said...

Heeehh!!

3.!!

I can just imagine the crowds around the arena giving thumbs up or thumbs down on the crab!

The modern version of the gladiators!