Friday, September 21, 2007

Do you think I hate you enough...?

Couldn't help but did some reflection after reading Quinsy's rant about her Heat & Mass Transfer teacher who probably had enough "somethings" against her and decided to fail her when she took a second module he taught.

Hm...

I couldn't help but remember the kids that I really really hated when I was still teaching. I still remember them (and their parents) but did I actually go out to fail them?

To be honest. No. Not a single chance, not a single one, not even a single thought devoted to that.

At least for me.

I get no benefits, no joy, no rewards, no satisfaction whatsoever from flunking students. I want them to move on and torture someone else! Why would I need to do something that evil, just in case I am condemned to teaching the class that kiddo is stuck in the year after? OMG!

But to be fair, I have a confession to make.

My tests always require sound fundamentals and if anyone tries to cheat, they would invariably fall flat. So students self-destruct because they would not bother to get their basics right.

Some learn, others don't.

Still, I have enough "blood" on my hands... :)

5 comments:

Quinsy said...

I've seen enough students getting flunked out by him and another lecturer just because they don't like him/her/it.

And *gasp* one of the evil ones even told the class her plans on flunking one for the 4th time in a row.

That guy couldn't graduate in the end and dropped out, a module short of graduation.

tragic.

Quinsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quinsy said...

I've seen enough students getting flunked out by him and another lecturer just because they don't like him/her/it.

And *gasp* one of the evil ones even told the class her plans on flunking one for the 4th time in a row.

That guy couldn't graduate in the end and dropped out, a module short of graduation.

tragic.

Quinsy said...

I've seen enough students getting flunked out by him and another lecturer just because they don't like him/her/it.

And *gasp* one of the evil ones even told the class her plans on flunking one for the 4th time in a row.

That guy couldn't graduate in the end and dropped out, a module short of graduation.

tragic.

Anonymous said...

If someone complains and some people be witnesses, the case can stand and school could review exam papers.

- Tef