A truly enlightened society has the responsibility to have laws to protect those who are not capable of protecting themselves.
However, when they come of age to make informed decisions, individuals have the right to decide what they want to do, so long as it is legitimate and does not harm other people.
Paedophiles and sexual predators are to be punished. Because young children and innocent prey are not able to protect themselves.
If, for example, I decide to have a fling with Miss Pretty Woman, what is the government to care? Since time immemorial, prostitution had always been there. Just visit the Pompeii ruins. Read up on the harlems that the Emperors and rulers used to to keep. The sex trade is probably as old as any other trade in the world. So why should prostitution be illegal?
If you need to legalise, license the prostitutes. Maybe this way.
"Hi, I am Anita Blowercort. I want to apply for the P-license."
"Age, height, weight, identification papers."
"There you are."
"Ok. Wait for your medical check up."
After medical check up.
"Miss Blowercort, you are clean. I need to you go to meet a counsellor before you can get your license."
Or "Miss Blowercort, you have syphillis. I need to refer you to the Communicable Disease Centre for more treatment."
This is how you regulate!
Ok, this may be overly simplified. But there are other ways to keep the population in check. Just like how we intend to tackle the gambling problem before we even open our casino doors. For instance,
"Hello, can I speak with Mrs Normus?"
"Yes, Mrs Normus. Your husband, Mr E. Normus wants to engage the services of Miss Anita Blowercort. Are you aware?"
OR
"Hello Mr Normus, can I see the permission slip that your wife has given to you?"
OR
"Mr Normus, you have been banned from all s-organ pubs in Singapore. Please do not come here again or I will need to call the police."
What's the big deal? Do you think there aren't the underground ones? Of course there will be, if not already are. And aren't there now?
With the new laws, we are now letting straight couples do more stunts. But why, oh why, are we letting the Penal Code - a document enacted in 1871 - rule our bedroom lives?
So long as both men do it knowingly and without coercion, what is the big deal? Why hang that large cloud of doubt over their heads?
Who are you to decide what concerto I play with my sex organ?
No comments:
Post a Comment