Monday, September 10, 2007

Lust, Caution

Ang Lee (or Lee Ang, as the right way of calling a Chinese name) won a second Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival.

His winning entry this time is Lust, Caution. He first won with Brokeback Mountain.

Interestingly, he seems to get it all correct when it comes to dangerous liasons.

Couching Tiger, Hidden Dragon should be refilmed, I guess, into some erotic show. He may well walk away with No. 3. No, I'm not belittling Lee. I think he's a great director. I enjoyed Brokeback Mountain a lot.

I think I'll brave the cinema hazards and watch Lust, Caution.

2 comments:

T. F. Stern said...

Sorry, this is where we part company. I have no use for the smut peddlers who fill their pockets by dragging society down into the gutter. Call me an old prude; I'd rather watch an old Shirley Temple movie than the filth being pumped out in the name of entertainment today.

Anonymous said...

Fraser,

It's ok. Common to see the divergence when it comes to "artistic expression". I'm not going to split hairs on what it means or stand for. We can agree to disagree on the interpretation.

There was a meeting where I was secretary and there was a big "discussion" about art and dragged on for an hour - despite agreeing to disagree!

Smut peddlers... hm...

- Tef