Friday, February 10, 2006

31 Years and 2 Days

31 Years and 2 Days

Yes, the inevitable had to come. So I turned 31. Yah yah, I've fallen on the wrong side of 30. Of course the big four-oh is in the not-so-far horizon. But you know what? I don't feel a year older than 28.

Ok, I know the constant lies people tell about their ages. Pop idol Alan Tam has been 25 for the past 30 years (?) and women are 18 for too long, even when they look like 81. Ah, never mind. Physically, I'm probably 31 going on 70. Mentally, I'm 80 going on 120. Yup. I'm an old old old old man trapped in my 31 year old body. My thinking is outdated; pre-modern if you so desire.

I could be a stickler for tradition yet I hate the deadwood of tradition. Simply put, what works and still are best practices must be retained and proliferated. What is broken by now ought to be discarded.

No matter what, there are certain hypocrisies that one ought to retain. We don't live to this old if we did not know how to slither through some awkward enough situations.

I count my blessings each day and while I still bitch like there's no tomorrow, I seldom retaliate much. At least allow me the freedom to indulge in free bitch. Aiyoh, sorry, free speech.

So I am 31. Big deal. I'll look forward to another 3 rounds of being 31!

No comments: