The Mohammed Cartoons
I have seen the cartoons on the web.
Apparently,
The Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten created the furor over depictions of Mohammed by publishing a series of 12 drawings after a local author said he was unable to find any artist willing to depict Mohammed for his upcoming illustrated book. The publication of the images in Jyllands-Posten has been condemned around the Islamic world, and has led to calls for a boycott of Denmark by Muslim nations.
Yet when a delegation of Danish imams went to the Middle East to "discuss" the issue of the cartoons with senior officials and prominent Islamic scholars, the imams openly distributed a booklet that showed 15 images -- not only the original 12 cartoons, but three fraudulent anti-Mohammed depictions that were much more offensive than the ones published in Denmark. It is now thought that these three bonus images are what ignited the outrage in the Muslim world.
I have also seen 3 additional pictures which were believed to be the cause of the recent outburst. Indeed, the 3 additional pictures were totally uncalled for.
Being racially and religiously sensitive and respectful, I refrain from all comments.
In pure, honest, innocent curiosity, I seek the answer to just ONE question:
How did belligerance get so entrenched in the practice of religions of peace?
No comments:
Post a Comment