Dinner - A Percussion Study
Ate at the Chinese restaurant at the Harbourfront today.
The restaurant is infested with houseflies and another type of flies which simply loves to rest on the food that lie on the table.
My dinner partner and I had to change a table, and still the problem did not end.
All through dinner, we were busy chasing flies, slamming our palms against the table to kill those flies that have landed there, slapping them in mid air, gripping them as they fly past.
It was a noisy dinner. Almost like a percussion item entitled dinner.
In the end, I killed one fly by slamming it against the table, and drowned another in the steamed fish gravy.
The rest of the flies got away scotfree.
The restaurant manager said they came from the Circle Line worksites. I told him that if that is the case, his restaurant is NOT READY for business today as his hygiene standards are not there. He should lodge a formal complaint to NEA and LTA for the pestilence, just as I would with ENV after the dinner and MOH if I get diarrhoea.
Anyway, he claimed to be getting in the pestbusters.
Let's hope the vector control fellows don't do him in as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment