Saturday, February 11, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Brokeback Mountain

Watched the movie yesterday, when I was entirely tired out. That the DVD hung at odd moments and disrupted the flow of the beautiful story didn't help much either.

Still, I knew I had stumbled upon something nice. I enjoyed the movie and would be watching it again. I needed to see the layers, which I often do at the first sitting. However, I know Ang Lee's style too well. There is no way to fully understand and appreciate the nuances in one sitting.

The movie is to be savoured bit by bit. It's akin to eating a multi-coated candy, each new layer a new taste and sensation.

But a few things were rather evident. I had wanted to talk more about them but the book review/movie review below had encapsulated my thoughts and crystallised them beyond my abilities, so I'll just leave it to the reader to enjoy Daniel's wonderfully written review.

For sure, this is a movie that I'm going to remember for a long time.

No comments: