Few Articles
A few reasons why I've not been writing a lot these days.
Ear Surgery
I detected a mass in my right ear recently. It was causing pain and pressing against my jaw nerves. Saw my family doctor 25 May. He won't touch the mass and referred me to the Polyclinic for referral to the Specialist. So, spent an entire afternoon at the Polyclinic to see a doctor who won't touch the mass and he finally referred me to the Ear Nose Throat Centre at the Singapore General Hospital. Finally yesterday, I saw the specialist who, after less than 5 minutes of asking me what's wrong, plonked me on the operating chair and snipped out the mass WITHOUT anaesthesia. I was so badly in pain.
Neither he nor I know what the mass was. He returned it to me, I gave it to the dustbin. Now waiting to see if it recurs.
Eviction
Househunting has taken up most of my waking hours. I've not found a place within budget.
China Trip
I'm leaving for the Three Gorges Cruise and Jiuzhaigou from 10 to 20 Jun. I should be happily looking forward to the trip, but hell no! Not until the house is settled will I really feel the relief to enjoy a trip. But since I've already paid for it, I'm leaving regardless.
Work
One word: Madness.
Upcoming work trip in Jul
I'm coordinating this trip from SIN - LAX - DEN - SAF - DEN - LAX - SFO - DAC - EWR - SIN beginning 10 Jul. The number of places to visit, flights to take, and meetings to attend and write notes for are KILLING. The organisation of the trip and the attempting to meet with the identified people has been enervating. See work.
Work I could have otherwise been exempted
Self-explanatory. There are simply too many things where my attendance could be spared. But hell, no! I'm required to turn up any way. So where and how and when the hell will work get done?
Sleep
I've cut that down by a lot already. But I'm still not getting enough and to get as close to enough as possible, many things need to be left aside. For instance, no blogging. I've even cut down on watching television - hey! I found out Taylor Hicks won from a friend, after my consultation with my family doctor on 25 May. I was on his car. Duh-ness!
Food
I've been eating so terribly ordinarily these days because I don't have no time for mah fancy restaurants servin' good food. It's come to a point that even dumplings (which give me GREAT discomfort as I can't digest glutinous rice) have become normal meals. I simply have no time to eat anything else. And I've been having more stomachaches and bowel problems than normal.
Coffee
Well, excessive coffee makes me shake uncontrollably and I am mentally hyperactive when I shake. So, what happens is that I can't write because I can't concentrate on writing. My mind wanders and catch interesting glimpses of many things that I promise I will blog about but never getting to do so. I think I need to keep a journal to jot these down soon.
Cell phone
The curse of roaming cell phones. The darned thing never stops ringing and it's been causing great trauma to my ears and mental well-being, especially when each call means more work is added on the plate.
Email
More and more and more emails are flooding my inbox and that means attention is channelled there to resolve the outstanding issues. What the heck.
Conclusion
Why is it I simply have no time for myself any more?
No comments:
Post a Comment